The Oregon Department of Education, in partnership with the Oregon Lottery, is pleased to announce that the Oregon Teacher of the Year program is expanding to honor exemplary educators in every region of the state!
- Nominations are open statewide through January 31, 2018.
- Teachers will submit their applications by March 30, 2018.
- Each of the 19 Oregon Education Service Districts will select a winner from their region.
- 19 Regional Teachers of the Year will be honored across the state in May 2018!
- One of the Regional Teachers of the Year will be named the 2019 Oregon Teacher of the Year in September 2018!
Regional Teachers of the Year will receive a cash prize of $500, be celebrated across the state, and be in the running for the honor of 2019 Oregon Teacher of the Year. The 2019 Oregon Teacher of the Year will receive a $5,000 cash prize (with a matching $5,000 going to their school!) and serve as a spokesperson and representative for all Oregon teachers.
Nominating a teacher is easy! Just go to oregonteacheroftheyear.org and complete the four-step online form.
If you have any questions, please contact Oregon Teacher of the Year program coordinator Jenni Knaus at 503-947-5860.