At their October 2020 Board meeting, the LBL ESD Board of Directors adopted an Equity Lens. The Board and agency leadership will be using this Equity Lens as a working draft throughout the year.
The Equity Lens framework provides a common vocabulary and protocol to produce and evaluate policies, practices, processes, programs, services or decisions that result in more equitable outcomes. We anticipate learning and growing throughout the year as opportunities to engage with the Lens occur. We anticipate an evolving and developing document and practice.
Provide a common vocabulary and protocol to produce and evaluate policies, practices, processes, programs, services or decisions that result in more equitable outcomes.
Consider the following four questions for any policy, process, program, service or decision:
- Who does it impact?
- Who are the racial/ethnic groups affected?
- What are the potential impacts on these groups?
- Who has the opportunities and is included and who is not?
- Are existing disparities ignored or worsened?
- Are there unintended consequences?
- Whose voices are at the table?
- Have we intentionally involved our partners?
- What can we do about it?
- How will we mitigate the negative impacts and address the barriers identified above?
Just and fair inclusion. An equitable society is one in which all can participate and prosper to allow all to reach their full potential.