LBL ESD’s EI/ECSE program in Lincoln County has been involved in the pilot grant for the Oregon Early Childhood Inclusion Initiative (OECI).
In collaboration with multiple agencies that serve children and families, the Oregon Department of Education is committed to implementing high quality inclusive preschool policies and practices at different levels of the Early Care and Education System (i.e. state, local, program and classroom) by partnering with the Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center (ECTA) and the National Center for Pyramid Model Innovations (NCPMI) to implement the National Indicators of High Quality Inclusion.
- Disability is to be appreciated as a natural part of the human experience that makes our families and communities stronger.
- Families have the right to enter into relationships with early care and education providers trusting their child will be welcomed, loved, and seen in all of their human dignity, including their culture, race or dis/ability.
- All learning environments for young children and their families should be inclusive, culturally responsive, and identity affirming.
- Every child should learn and thrive together with their peers, friends, and neighbors.
- Children achieve their best self when nurtured by empowered families, providers, and communities.
- The Early Care and Education system is enhanced and strengthened through a network of professionals, parents and community members.