Third Parties’ Rights
- The right to work in ESD programs and at ESD activities free from any sexual harassment.
- The right to file a complaint pursuant to ESD policy GBN/JBA when an employee feels they have been the victim of sexual harassment.
- The right to be notified when the investigation is concluded and as to whether a violation of the policy was found to have occurred, to the extent allowable under state and federal confidentiality laws.
The initiation of a complaint in good faith about behavior that may violate the policy may not adversely affect any terms or conditions of employment or work environment of the staff member who initiated the complaint.
Employee complaints of sexual harassment should be made to Vicki Harlos (LBL ESD’s Chief Human Resources Officer) at 541-812-2752. The sexual harassment complaint procedure is set forth in District administrative regulation GBN/JBA-AR .
Linn and Benton Counties
Linn County Mental Health Department
Linn County Victim’s Assistance Program
Benton County Mental Health Department
Benton County Victim’s Assistance Program
Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence (CARDV)
541-758-0219 / Crisis hotline: 541-754-0110
Lincoln County Mental Health Department
Lincoln County Victims Assistance
My Sisters’ Place
Employees can locate services available in our communities by accessing the Oregon Attorney General’s Sexual Assault Task Force website.
Other State and Community Based Services Include:
- BOLI – Protections for Victims-BOLI
- US Department of Labor – Equal Employment Opportunity
- Oregon Civil Rights – Oregon Civil Rights Complaints
The ESD will keep all documentation related to sexual harassment complaints as confidential as is allowable under the law. Please note that the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Oregon public records law may require disclosure of these records in some instances.
Please note that civil and criminal remedies that are not provided by the school or district may be available through the legal system and those remedies may be subject to statute of limitations.