Linn Benton Lincoln Education Service District (LBL) provides educational support programs and services to 12 constituent school districts, 91 schools and approximately 34,000 students in Linn, Benton and Lincoln counties.
As a regional education service agency, LBL is one of 19 ESDs created by Oregon’s legislature to provide programs and services to local school districts and social service entities within its designated geographic area. We serve the needs of children in our region by providing local school districts with a wide range of administrative, special education, instructional and technology services.
LBL's Cabinet and Leadership Council serve component districts in Linn, Benton and Lincoln Counties. Both leadership groups bring to LBL a wealth of education and expertise, enabling them to make effective decisions that provide K-12 students with the highest level of educational support.
LBL's eight programs collaborate to create dynamic, effective service that's focused on meeting the existing and emerging needs of school districts. Our programs are:
- Administrative Services offers three main services:
- Superintendent's Office provides leadership for the LBL region and supports local districts. Makes conference space and training labs available.
- Human Resources, including hiring, benefits administration, personnel and records management, policies and procedures, contract management and other services for employees)
- Business Services, including budget management, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and business information system (Infinite Visions) management
- Cascade Regional Program provides support for children with vision impairment, hearing impairment, severe orthopedic impairment, and autism spectrum disorder. The programs's staff consists of licensed teachers in special education and licensed occupational and physical therapists. Services include consultation, assessment, instruction, and adaptive materials.
- Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education EI/ECSE)
The EI/ECSE program provides assessment, evaluation, early intervention and early childhood special education services for eligible children from birth to five years in Benton, Linn and Lincoln counties. EI/ECSE specialists, speech language pathologists and related service staff provide a continuum of services, both consultative and direct to eligible children. Services are provided for children transitioning into kindergarten programs.
- Information Systems supports instructional improvement through technology. Information Systems offers seven main services:
- Long-Term Care and Treatment Education Program (Farm Home School) serves a rotational population of students in residence and day treatment at Children's Farm Home. These students have been referred from counties statewide for assessment, stabilization or treatment of mental health disorders.
- Network and Facilities System provides wide area network, network and desktop support, and facility management.
- Special Education and Evaluation Services provides a variety of evaluation and consultation services.
- Evaluation Services: Education Evaluation and Consultation Center (EECC) provides a variety of services:
- Assessment and consultation
- Instructional materials
- TAG Testing, materials and scoring
- Services to Students with Severe Disabilities: Transits to districts and regional consultation for students with disabilities
- Response to Intervention: LBL offers consultation and direct support to districts in their efforts to build and maintain the intervention systems needed for all students in academics and behavior.
- Student and Family Support Services serves children with behavior, social service, and academic achievement needs. Student and Family Support Services assist school districts by supporting districts searching for practical solutions to student behavior, instructional improvement, and social service needs in eight areas:
Mission: LBL Board of Directors, Superintendent, and staff serve districts, schools, and students by providing flexible, effective, and efficient educational services.
Vision: To be a responsive and transparent organization that supports districts in helping every child succeed.
- We value success for all students.
- We value relationships that are built on trust, responsiveness and honesty.
- We value the “four E's”: Excellence, Equity, Efficiency, and Effectiveness.
- We value accountability.
Strategic Plan 2013-2015: LBL staff and the Board of Directors have updated the LBL Strategic Plan 2013-2015 ( 589K). Our main goal is to provide high-quality services and programs that are practical, reliable, and economical.
Local Service Plan 2013 - 2015: LBL is a statewide leader in delivering sound educational services. We serve educational agencies, districts, and schools across the state with high-quality services, and programs that are practical, reliable and economical.
The Local Service Plan ( 453K) defines our vision, values, goals and provides a detailed description of all services provided by LBL.
LBL is funded through multiple sources to assist Linn, Benton, and Lincoln school districts to achieve Oregon's education goals. The annual report
( 236K) is an opportunity for us to communicate to our districts, agencies, and community on how we utilize the resources that are provided to us.
During the 2012 Legislative Session, Senate Bill 1581, has directed each school district and education service district to form an “Achievement Compact Advisory Committee” by September 30, 2012. Each year, the committee will present recommendations to the district's Board of Education by February 1.
The committee is charged with the following:
- Developing an achievement compact.
- Ensuring the implementation of the achievement compact.
- Developing district plans for achieving the student outcomes, measures of progress, goals, and targets expressed in the district's achievement compact for the next fiscal years and targets.
- Recommending outcomes, measures of progress, goals, and targets to be contained in the district's achievement compact for the next fiscal year.
- Click here to view meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes.