Skip Navigation

For information on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

LBL ESD is providing modified services due to COVID-19. Please contact 541-812-2600 for assistance.

HomeSpecial Education OverviewHow to Refer a Child for an Evaluation

How to Refer a Child for an Evaluation

LBL ESD collaborates with component school districts and programs to provide specialized support. The support includes consultation, assessment, instruction and adaptive or specialized materials and equipment.

LBL ESD provides support for children with:

  • Communication Disorder
  • Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Hearing Impairment
  • Visual Impairment
  • Orthopedic Impairment
  • Other Health Impairments
  • Specific Learning Disability
  • Emotional Disturbance
  • Intellectual Disability
  • Deaf Blindness
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

How To Refer a Child If I am a Parent

Please contact Early Intervention / Early Childhood Special Education.

The Cascade Regional Program and the Education Evaluation & Consultation Center (EECC) may provide the evaluation services; however, these services are accessed at the district level. Please contact the Special Education Director at your school district to start the referral process.

How To Refer a Child If I am a Teacher / District Administrator

  • Please log into TIENET®, our Special Education Case Management Solution.

Please read the LBL ESD Cascade Regional Referral Process for support on how to refer a student for:

  • Alternative/augmentative communication evaluation or consultation
  • Audiological evaluations
  • Autism consultation
  • Mild/moderate motor evaluation or consultation
  • Severe motor (orthopedic) impairment evaluation or consultation
  • Visual, hearing or deafblindess impairment evaluation or consultation
  • TBI consultation

For assistance on completing the Student Assessment Lists that accompany the Consent for Evaluation form, please see Evaluation Assessment Guidance.

For Assistive Technology Support, please contact your school’s Linn Benton Lincoln ESD Service Provider.

Special Education Director Contact Information

Important Message

LBL ESD is providing modified services due to COVID-19 and the statewide school closure. Please contact 541-812-2600 for assistance. Limited staffing during the closure will make response to public inquiry difficult, and some inquiries may be delayed until programs reopen.