One aspect of the mission of the Strategic Partnerships team is to help promote instructional effectiveness within and between member districts. To support this work, the team currently provides the following supports to districts:
- Highlighting promising instructional practices
- Providing quality professional development around effective instruction
- Supporting data-based decision making that impacts student learning
- Promoting distributive leadership models that place educators at the center of professional learning.
- Convening “job-alike” opportunities for teachers to meet and share ideas with colleagues
- Coaching individual leaders and teams on efficient systems that maintain a clear focus on student learning.
- Working with district leadership to support the goals around student learning that are highlighted in the district’s Student Investment Account (SIA) plan
Data Literacy Training is an important aspect of using data to improve instruction. All of the data you can pull will only give you data. It’s knowing what to do with it that makes a difference. See the School Improvement page for more information.
Jeff Brew – Instructional Effectiveness and Leadership Coach
Jeff Brew has been an educator for over 30 years with teaching experience at the elementary and middle levels. In addition to teaching, he has served as an instructional coach, an RTI Coordinator, Elementary Director and Secondary Director.
He joined the Strategic Partnerships team this fall to help district leaders and teachers to develop systems that support student learning. Jeff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541 231-3081.
Cindy Drouhard – Instructional Coaching (Teacher-Mentor Program)
Prior to joining LBL ESD in October 2021, Cindy Drouhard spent 21 years as an educator in Greater Albany Public Schools (GAPS). In addition to her experience as a middle school science teacher and elementary science specialist, Cindy also supported K-12 teachers as a Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) for Instructional Technology and Science. Within recent years, Cindy partnered with Calapooia Watershed Council to create and implement an Outdoor School program for all 6th-grade students in GAPS.
Cindy is excited to be part of the Strategic Partnerships team and to support our early career educators by developing a new teacher mentoring program. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Tami DuFault-Toomb – Instructional Coaching (Teacher-Mentor Program)
Tami DuFault-Toomb has been an educator for over 30 years with teaching experience at the elementary and middle levels. In addition to teaching, she has been an instructional coach and district Language Arts specialist.
She joined the Strategic Partnerships team in the fall of 2021 to help create and support a regional new teacher mentor program. Tami can be reached at Tami.DuFault-Toomb@lblesd.k12.or.us or 541-990-1677.