One aspect of the mission of the Strategic Partnerships team is to help promote instructional effectiveness within and between member districts. To support this work, the team currently provides the following supports to districts:
- Highlighting promising instructional practices
- Providing quality professional development around effective instruction
- Supporting data-based decision making that impacts student learning
- Promoting distributive leadership models that place educators at the center of professional learning.
- Convening “job-alike” opportunities for teachers to meet and share ideas with colleagues
- Coaching individual leaders and teams on efficient systems that maintain a clear focus on student learning.
- Working with district leadership to support the goals around student learning that are highlighted in the district’s Student Investment Account (SIA) plan
Data Literacy Training is an important aspect of using data to improve instruction. All of the data you can pull will only give you data. It’s knowing what to do with it that makes a difference. See the School Improvement page for more information.
Instructional Effectiveness and Leadership Coach
Jeff Brew has been an educator for over 30 years with teaching experience at the elementary and middle levels. In addition to teaching, he has served as an instructional coach, an RTI Coordinator, Elementary Director and Secondary Director.
He joined the Strategic Partnerships team this fall to help district leaders and teachers to develop systems that support student learning. Jeff can be reached at email@example.com or 541 231-3081.